Collection of biometric data of foreigners and stateless persons is introduced at all border crossing points of Ukraine
On January 01, 2018, collection of biometric data of foreigners and stateless persons is introduced at all border crossing points of Ukraine.
Collection of biometric data will be carried out during entry of a person into the territory of Ukraine by authorized officials of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine.
Mandatory collection of biometric data applies to all stateless persons and nationals of the following countries:
7. Burkina Faso,
16. Equatorial Guinea,
17. Papua New Guinea,
28. Cape Verde,
33. Republic of Congo,
35. Korean People's Democratic Republic,
36. Côte d'Ivoire,
52. Russian Federation,
53. South Sudan,
55. Sao Tome and Principe,
61. Sierra Leone,
68. Central African Republic,
70. Sri Lanka.
Collection of biometric data from nationals of other countries than listed above may be applied on basis of analysis and risk assessment.
If a foreign national or a stateless person refuses to provide fingerprints, a final decision whether to allow such person to cross the state border of Ukraine will be taken in a procedure of a separate second tier control.
The following categories of persons are exempted from the collection of biometric data:
- heads of state and government of foreign countries, members of parliamentary and governmental delegations, technical staff of such delegations and members of their families, that are arriving at invitation of the President of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine or the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of the Autonomous Republic the Crimea or the Cabinet of Ministers of the the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, ministries, and other central executive authorities of Ukraine; persons and family members of persons bearing a document issues by the United Nations or by the UN system organizations;
- foreigners or stateless persons who are under the age of 18;
- foreign tourists on a cruise;
- members of a crew of foreign military ships or airplanes arriving to Ukraine in accordance with the established procedures;
- members of a crew of foreign non-military vessels;
- members of a crew of civil aircrafts of international airlines, international trains, in case of stay at an airport or at a railway station as specified in its schedule;
- heads of foreign diplomatic missions and consular posts, members of diplomatic staff, consular officers, administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular posts, officers of the military attache and trade missions and their spouses, children, parents who accredited with the family;
- representatives of foreign affairs authority of foreign states arriving to Ukraine on official business, possessing diplomatic or service passport, and members of their families;
- officials of international organizations arriving to Ukraine on official business, employees of offices of such organizations in Ukraine, as well as representatives of the states with international organizations having headquarters in Ukraine and in accordance with the statutory documents of these organizations or relevant international treaties, use diplomatic privileges and immunities, members of their families.