ATTENTION! THE DELAYS IN SERVICE MAY OCCUR!
In order to request the vital records document (including birth, marriage, divorce, death records etc.) from Ukraine you should submit the following set of documents to the Embassy:
- Filled in applications - anketa-request-documents.pdf in 3 copies. The application should be completed in Ukrainian, typed in block letters in black or blue ink, dated and signed by the applicant; ;
- Filled in application for Apostille - apostille-application.pdf (only if you need an Apostille certified document);
- Original valid passport and its copy;
- Confirmation of relations (original certificates), if needed.
- Consular fee in the form of Money Order of Cashier Check payable to the Embassy of Ukraine for 20 dollars USA (for the document without Apostille) or for 50 dollars USA (for the document with Apostille along with additional fee 54 UAH (2.5 dollars USA) bank transfer receipt as mentioned it enclosed document - bank-information.pdf).
If a photocopy of the requested document is available, it may be helpful to include it with the questionnaire, as it may assist in facilitating the search for the document.
The process typically takes from 6 months to 1 year.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that it is also possible to request documents from Ukraine by applying directly to the civil registration authorities in Ukraine, or with the participation of another person who will have a notarized power of attorney.