Contrary to the peaceful initiative of the President of Ukraine since the announcement of the Peace Plan the terrorists opened fire against Ukrainian military personnel 35 times. As a result, ten soldiers were killed, 12 servicemen were wounded by hostile action.
In particular, due to militants' attack against the Ukrainian Armed Forces' helicopter "MI-8" on June 24, 2014 near town of Slovyansk 9 soldiers were killed, including 3 crew members.
61 objects of public infrastructure remained illegally occupied, including 16 military facilities; 4 with 1 military – blocked.
Since the announcement of the Peace Plan 3 administrative facilities have been seized, 1 –blocked:
- the building of the State Courier Service of Ukraine was taken by separatists in Donetsk;
- terrorists captured the city department of internal affairs in Severodonetsk;
- the public building in town of Rovenki where draft board as well as office of the State Treasury of Ukraine are located was taken over;
- the military base in town of Avdiyivka was besieged with demand to vacate it.
Signs of terrorists’ preparation to attack the ATO forces deployment sites have been established:
- a large number of military and automotive equipment is concentrated in the Luhansk airport area;
- the airfield in Kramatorsk is surrounded by terrorists armed with mortars and rocket-propelled grenades; snipers’ emplacements are located in the apartments on the upper floors and on the roofs of nearby houses.
Terrorists accomplish particular steps to block infrastructure:
- railway lines in "Ilovaysk - Kuteinikove" and "Ilovaysk - Mospine" areas have been blown up (14 derailed freight cars in the first accident);
- I.Bezler, the head of separatists in town of Gorlivka, announced his plan to blow up railroad tracks, which can be used to move ATO equipment, and to commit an act of sabotage on a railway 30 km away from Kyiv.
Terrorists use the "truce" in order to restore technical condition of vehicles, to fortify checkpoints (or to set the new ones) and to regroup their forces and resources:
- troops and military equipment was detected to concentrate in Zakotne, Siversk, Borovske, Severny, Maryinka settlements; town of Snizhne; at the intersection of the roads "Krasny Lyman - Zakotne" and "Yampil - Illichivka";
- improvement of fire, defensive positions, checkpoints with the use of engineering equipment was noted in Stepanivka village and at the frontier of villages Porichchya and Vlasivka (300 militants);
- militants were equipping 6 vehicles "KamAZ" for firing with large-calibre machine guns in town of Snizhne;
- terrorists deployed three Multiple Launch Rocket Systems BM 21 ("Grad") at the factory of LLC "Luhanmash";
- 10 truckloads of gunmen (up to 200 people), accompanied by four armoured personnel carriers arrived to town of Antratsyt;
- all the bridges are been mined in Dmytrivka settlement (wires attached to poles are visually visible).
The kidnapping of civilians and servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is continuing:
- a group of militants have captured at the train station "Debaltseve" eleven servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine returning to their permanent deployment site and have taken them to town of Perevalsk;
- the director of "Pozhezhne sposterezhennya-Donetsk" LLC A.Suhoykin was kidnapped in Donetsk;
- the terrorists kidnapped the head of Luhansk Regional Association of Ukrainian Society "Prosvita" V.Semystyah from the premises of the Ukrainian-Canadian Centre "Vidrodzhennia" in Luhansk. They accuse him of collecting money and foodstuffs for the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- the terrorists have announced the chief of railway station "Ilovaysk" O.Plahotnyuk as the enemy of "the People's Republic of Donetsk" and declared plans to detain him due to his collaboration with the ATO forces (he was contributing to the transportation of two trains with Ukrainian servicemen).