A new security assistance package from the USA, which totals $1.3 billion and is a part of the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI) will support Ukraine's battlefield needs.
The capabilities include:
- Four National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS) and munitions;
- 152mm artillery rounds;
- Mine clearing equipment;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- Phoenix Ghost and Switchblade Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS);
- Precision aerial munitions;
- Counter-UAS and electronic warfare detection equipment;
- 150 fuel trucks;
- 115 tactical vehicles to tow and haul equipment;
- 50 tactical vehicles to recover equipment;
- Port and harbor security equipment;
- Tactical secure communications systems;
- Support for training, maintenance, and sustainment activities.